Sanyo POSCAP

Maybe a bit off topic but....

Tantalum capacitors are unreliable in power supply applications - this seems to come as a surprise to many people, but believe me it's true Aluminium electrolytics suffer from high impedance and finite life

It's been suggested to me to use Sanyo POSCAP as a better alternative to either.

The Sanyo data is somewhat vague - it looks like a tanty but has claims about better reliability

Does anyone have experience of using these in power supply resevoir / decoupling applications and their long term reliability ?

Any doh's I need to look out for ?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Pace