Request for help in neew development with AO, DIO, counters and real time

Hello,

We have a product developed on an Intel Atom SBC and a NI DAQ that provides

2 AO, 8 DIO and 2 counters, for laser control on real time. The system runs with a RTAI partched linux and Comedi drivers to achieve real time performance on microseconds period (25 usec). A compact flash stores all the software and data.

We would like to migrate to a CPU + FPGA environment on the same card, for space and cost reduction, and future developments. I have a lot of questions related to this migration, I would really appreciate any help on this:

- Is it possible to get AO on the FPGA? It could be with Pulse Width Modulation, if there is not possible to get a real AO

- Could you recommend a card with a CPU and FPGA, all together, to start learning about this?

- Any other hints to start on FPGA and linux on the same card?

Thanks in advance Antonio López

alopez

es

ns

You can use resistor network to drive an op-amp adder/integrator.

Use soft CPU IP on the FPGA.

Reply to
linnix