Regarding UART(UART is printing infinite times, though not used any loops)

Respected Experts, I am Ravi Kumar.N. I am using 386EX processor for one of my application. This processor has an inbuilt UART. I have configured the UART and it is printing the things whatever I want to print but, it is printing the things infinite times though I have not used any loops.

For Eg: If I try to print any string like "xyz". It prints the string "xyz" infinite times. Thus the same string will be printed infinite times.

Note: I have not placed the print statement inside any loops. Even so, printing is taking place infinite times. I have disabled all the interupts.

What could be the reason for this?

With Regards, Ravi Kumar.N

Reply to
ravikumar.n

On 30 May 2005 06:39:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sunlux-india.com wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

There is something wrong with your code, either the driver for the UART itself, or your code that sends data to the UART. Unless you show us the code, we have no idea what is wrong with it.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com