RealTime Systems question

Hello,

I am trying to solve the questions that can be found in the link listed below. Would you please recommend some books that I can refer to to help me to understand how to go about solving these questions. I am not looking for the solution to the questions, but I just want to understand how to go about solving them.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
realtimenewbie

You are in trouble, you don't have time to find and read the books by Wednesday. Just Google for pages like this one

With a late night and good supply of coffee you should be able to find out enough to work it out.

The answer to the starvation question is clearly yes, just by deducing that you can't get the 10 points for the next question if the answer was no. I don't think the assignment was thought out that well.

Also tell your tutor that "procced" should be spelled "proceed".

Peter

Reply to
Peter

I'd recommend an RTS book, but the only truly good one I can think of is Burns & Wellings and at about 500 pages and you won't have time to read it by then.

In your case I'd suggest something on improving your study skills. You clearly haven't taken full advantage of your lecture notes, TAs/demonstrators, problem classes, library, or professor. Something on time management might be good, too - after all, you've got slightly under 48 hours and have only just realised you've got a problem?

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com [Support no2id.net: working to destroy Blair's ID card fraud]
Reply to

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. The problem is that Computer Science is not one of my major strengths. Also, I am not good in programming. It is very easy for me to fall behind in these types of courses that involve a lot programming. But I am stuck and I have to take this course on Real Time systems which is part of my program.

BTW, we are using Burns and Wellings in this course. The book has a lot of examples on ADA, and other RT languages.

It is time for me to drink a lot of coffee and hope that I get this assignment done on time :).

Reply to
realtimenewbie

Just as an afterthought consider these figures from the assignment:

If the bridge can hold 100 wagons and each wagon takes 10 seconds to transit the bridge... and supposing a wagon length is about 14 metres... then the bridge must be at least 1400 metres long so the train is travelling at 140 m/S or over 300 miles per hour. That would spill your coffee on the curves.

More amazing is that the trains seem to be hauled by narrow gauge Single and Double Fairlies from the Ffestiniog Railway, more used to travelling at 30mph.

Peter

Reply to
peterk

Great insight, thanks. I will need a cup holder to hold the coffee cup in place.

Reply to
realtimenewbie