Re: pic assembly generator?

You might check out the Visual Device Initializer from Microchip. This is an add-on tool to MPLAB which allows you to set up peripherals, such as the PWM, by specifying operating parameters. It doesn't support every part yet, but does the 18XXX and the dsPIC parts. Code for the 18XXX could probably be fairly easily converted to run on the 16XXX parts.

Has anybody heard of an automated assembly code generator for pic? I > mean when I want a PWM of 50Hz it will produce the assembler code.
Reply to
Darrel Johansen

Does the PIC family have a minimum clock speed ? What happens if you run the PIC lower than it ?

Richard [in PE12]

Reply to
Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III

All currrent members of the PIC family are fully static CMOS, so there is no minimum clock frequency.

A good way to go might be either an 800 or 640kHz ceramic resonator.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I remember a time when static and CMOS didn't play well together ;)

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Were there CMOS dynamic chips? The ones I can think of were p-MOS or n-MOS.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

";)" (International joke symbol)

Reply to
Bob Stephens

He was cracking wise. CMOS is inherently a static logic technique.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

Modern DRAMs would be called Dynamic, and IIRC the first 80C51 CMOS variants shipped with a 3.5MHz min clock speed - some portions were dynamic. Infineon makes a high end uC, with DRAM on chip. Any 8 bit uC used today would be Static CMOS process.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville