programming SOT23-5 E2PROMs

Hi, we're going to produce a number of different µC-based devices which need an electronically readable unique ID. Total production is in the order of 100K. We've had a look at Dallas/Maxim DS2401 Silicon Serial Number, but cost is rather high because of the lasering required, and because Maxim is always expensive. As an alternative we're now thinking of serial E2PROM like Microchip 24AA01 or Atmel AT24C01. Size is important, so the 24AA01 in a SOT23-5 may have an advantage here. Problem: for logistical reasons we don't want to program the device in circuit. Are there programming services which can program SOT23-5 devices? TIA

-- Steven (remove pants to reply by e-mail)

Reply to
Steven