Problem with startup of self developed USB device...how to debug ? Without USB hardware an...

Hello,

i have a self developed device (USB 2.0, full speed) which seem to make
problems during connecting. WinXP tells me unknown device, VID and PID are
both 0. I tried to monitor exchanged frames SnoopyPro seems to capture only
frames when a valid VID/PID is available, not before... Because i have no
access to a CATC or other hardware monitor, what posibilities are there to
track down this error ? Is there any program which can monitor more of
startup phase ?

When i connect the device to my WinXP machine with USB 2.0 (and same at
Win2K laptop with USB 1.1), i see three times a GET_STATUS request to device
and a USB_EVENT_IN to endpoint 0, which i perhaps not answer correctly, than
it is silent, no more requests. WinXP tells me unknown device. When i
reconnect, same again, three status requests and the USB_EVENT_IN. .

Any tricks how to start to debug with such bugs ?

Regards,

        Martin

Re: Problem with startup of self developed USB device...how to debug ? Without USB hardware analyzer...
I would think that, when developing USB devices, one of the first sane things
to do, is to get a USB analyzer...

Re: Problem with startup of self developed USB device...how to debug ? Without USB hardware analyzer...
Hi Martin,

Which chip and manufacturer?

How to start:
Made a simple sample with the chip on bredboard, based on a
manufacturers application note.

For myself I build one with a PIC 18F2550 + crystal, 2 LED, 3 jumper, 1
poti and some C and R. With the sample code I made my 1st steps in
shortest time.

Michael

Site Timeline