pin swap in SDRAM

Hi,

to ease the routing of my PCB, I'd like to swap some data lines on a SDRAM. I'd like to be 100% sure that the swapping will not create problems once the PCB is built. I use a SDRAM MT48LC8M16A2 from Micron. The only documentation that I found is:

about DDR, and they say "Pin-swap within a given byte lane to optimize the data bus routes further. Caution: Do not swap individual data bits across different byte lanes."

Is there any other recommendation ? Any positive experience ?

Thanks

Reply to
tullio.grassi

The datasheet's advice is good. Swap within bytelanes as you wish. Do not swap between bytelanes. What further information do you need?

Reply to
larwe

larwe ha scritto:

I am trying to understand if there is any side-effect of pin-swapping. As an example, I was thinking to pin swap data lines of a Flash memory; but I realized that these devices have special commands sent on the data bus, so commands would get screwed-up (and myself too :)

Reply to
tullio.grassi

Why not ?

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

Well, yes - but this is easily handled with macros in your program. This sort of thing is very common.

Reply to
larwe

Because you lose the ability to address individual bytelanes uniquely if you mix them up like this.

Reply to
larwe

Of course, I'm sorry, for some reason I misread your previous answer, I thought you ment to swapy *between* bytelanes, not *within*. My wrong.

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

"tullio.grassi" ...

Nope, not the data bus but the address bus - DO NO swap those lines...

Regards, Arie de Muynck

Reply to
Arie de Muynck