pic18 questions

a) CONFIG/CBLOCK directive: I don't know what these directives do

b) retfie dt; this is a Pic18 instruction. But, mplab uses only "retfie". Is it equivalent to "retfie 0"?

If I comment these directive, then my files are compiled. But, the hex files are not same. Also, mplab generated hex files are not in previous (pic16fx) format. The header is in previous format. But, the body is broken in many small lines rather than few wide lines. Is it due to the new directives?

Thanks

Reply to
John Smith

CONFIG sets up the code fuses for the micro like brown out detect, internal oscilator etc

I think CBLOCK sets up RAM but could be wrong its a while since i used it.

Reply to
Marra