PC104 platform conviniens for realtime application

Hi all, we have existing system based on signlechip microcomputer with RISC procesor on 20 MHz , the system collect data from CAN bus and I/O cards and each 20 ms execute several algorithms. Our team prepare new architecture of this system based on PC104 architecture with procesor AMD Geode LX800 on 500 MHz with 256 MB RAM. There is planed realtime OS RT Linux or QNX.

Second team blame us that it's imposible to run correctly on our system that it will run only on signlechip.

My question is how can we persuade them that it will run? Does anyone know about similar system on PC 104 architecture which work fine?

Thank in advance

Pavel

Reply to
Pavel