OS for 8 bits processor - Page 2

Re: OS for 8 bits processor
I am creating the 802.4.15 from scratch together with some people. Do
you have any link to source code for some availably stack I would be
very happy?

What is your suggestion of using OS or not, a mean the stack must have
multiple threads of execution so a need a task scheduler and more. It
is possibly to build one by our own, but I hope someone has already
done it. Have you a link to something?

Where can i find free Chipcon refence design code, a have search in
chpcons website and did not findt any?

/Ulf Reiman

/Ulf Reiman

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

<snip>

Go to http://www.chipcon.com , choose Download on left menu,
click CC2420 in the white pane, and click "Choose category".
Scroll down to see downloadable files.

Tom

Re: OS for 8 bits processor
Thank you

/Ulf

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

Are you sure it must?

Ian

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

I dont now,may it not go faster if i do like that. Do you think it
better to have just a queue to put in the things to do?

/Ulf

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

I dont now,may it not go faster if i do like that. Do you think it
better to have just a queue to put in the things to do?

/Ulf

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

For most stack only applications a simple event queue works very well.

Ian

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

Just out of curiousity: Why free ? Is it a hobby project ?
If not, save your employers money and buy a commercial one with a good
support.

--
42Bastian
Re: OS for 8 bits processor

/Ulf

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

Ah, many vendors offer school-licenses (ours is 50% off), but some
restrict the support (we not) on those licenses.

OTOH, you learn a lot more when porting/debugging a "free" RTOS.

--
42Bastian
Re: OS for 8 bits processor

/Ulf

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

www.sciopta.com

Sciopta.

But AVR is not yet released.

But (my boss will kill me :-) ) check out ENEA OSE (Swedish !).

Both Sciopta and OSE are direct message passing OSes, which is ideal
for protocol stacks.
--
42Bastian
Re: OS for 8 bits processor

ENEA OSE seems to support mostly 32 bit processors. With a footprint
of 100K, there is not much of chance to use it on an 8-bit MCU.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: OS for 8 bits processor
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:27:12 +0200, Anton Erasmus

Although I no longer work for ENEA, I have to say, you are wrong.

OSE Epsilson runs on AVR,C16x and now HCS12 (Sciopta currently only
HCS12).

The Epsilon ARM Kernel (I worked at) is about 5K.

What you are referening to is OSE Delta (which is comparable with full
blown Sciopta but _much_ larger).
--
42Bastian
Re: OS for 8 bits processor

I only did a quick browse through their web site.  The whole site
seems to be targeted at non-technical people. If their documentation
is as unclear as their web site, I would stay a million miles away
from their product(s).

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: OS for 8 bits processor
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:09:10 +0200, Anton Erasmus

I cannot jugde on Delta, but the Epsilon products docu is well.

--
42Bastian
Re: OS for 8 bits processor

Regards
Ulf Reiman

Re: OS for 8 bits processor
No. Not a hobby project. However it is a shoestring budget R&D. Most
commercial OS'es I've looked at are ridiculously expensive--$20K and up...
WAY out of our ball park. $3-5K maybe---$20K+... I can't sell it to
management.

Bo

Re: OS for 8 bits processor

< 5k => go ask at snipped-for-privacy@sciopta.com (other then AVR, as I said, it is
not yet released, but M16C or HCS12 have the same price).

--
42Bastian
Re: OS for 8 bits processor

Site Timeline