ob9655 register values

Hello this is our first post on this board. We installed OV9655 into a custom board. However the OV9655 is notorious for being a beast to setup, which is proving to be true for us as well. Despite Omnivision's plethora of datasheets, register values programmed seem to have little correlation with predicted imager output. One thing we have learned from others is that key starter register values are needed.

  1. where can we find starter register values to emulate the values of a working OV9655 imager?

  1. what consulting source is available to assist as we are in ASAP mode with very little OV support?

  2. does anyone on this forum have experience with this sensor or have the register values?

Thanks in Advance

RG, Better Bionics

Reply to
technologist

You have to read betwen the lines or often three different parts to work out how their sensors work.

At least you have the datasheets, in my experience always make sure that Omnivision have sent you the latest version. Many floating around are still marked preliminary!

Not easily depends how you want to use them. Common problems are

1/ Getting I2C/TWI working 2/ Understanding what clocks to drive 3/ Understanding how to clock the datastreams for that colour format to next circuit.

I have worked with their sensors before, and done various didgital video designs. I still get lots of students asking me in unsolicited emails to design their camera interface.

Not with this exact one. However getting register values right depends on how you want to use them and your ancillary circuitry.

Email me if you want to discuss this further and remember I am based in the UK.

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter