Newsletter systems architecting October 2003

L.S.,

This is low-tech and low profile newsletter about the Gaudi Systems Architecting website:

The book "Architectural reasoning; balancing genericity and specificity"

is split into the educational oriented book and the scientific oriented PhD thesis .

Significantly changed in the thesis are the theory chapters: "Basic Methods"

"Submethods in the CAF views"

"Submethods in the CR views"

new chapters: "The future of architecting research"

"Reflection on research method to study architecting methods"

"Balancing genericity and specificity"

"Evaluation of architectural reasoning by diverse sources"

new reader for the updated course on requirements engineering:

new presentations: "Threads of reasoning illustrated by medical imaging case"

"Architectural Refactoring; illustrated by MR"

"From story to design illustrated by medical imaging"

new pages: Embedded Systems Institute

Python (a highly recommended programming language)

Please be encouraged to send any feedback to me!

See for other recent changes:

Regards Gerrit

--
Gaudi systems architecting:
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/

Who is L.S.?

If this is something that would be of interest to the gentle readers of comp.arch.embedded, you need to take two steps back and explain what you are talking about and why it might be of interest here.

Thad

Reply to
Thad Smith

Op Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:14:09 -0700 schreef Thad Smith :

Lectori Salutem, Hail to the Reader!

--
Coos
Reply to

I sent in my resume to a place whose website claimed their motto was "Carpe Sub Ubi". Never heard back, perhaps just as well. (I'm not sure that I'm ready for that sort of low-level development. :^)

--
Ron Sharp.
Remember, Remember the Fifth of November...

Is already explained by another gentle reader. In otehr words: "Dear all".

The Gaudi systems architecting website is consolidating system architecting know how in software and technology intensive systems. This is another way of describing embedded systems. The experience behind the site is based on complex embedded systems (MRI scanners, wafersteppers) and smaller systems (televisions, single-chip TV, et cetera). The site is extended as part of the work of the Embedded Systems Institute

The site discusses both the technical background of architecting. That fits well in this group. It also describes the business, application, proces and organization issues around architecting. That fits less in this group.

An example of information that might interest this group is the case description of a medical imaging workstation. Although 10 years old, it is very interesting today, because all concepts are now applicable at smaller devices (televisions, home servers, cell phones, et cetera). The core of the case can be found at:

thanks for making me aware of the missing 2 steps, kind regards, Gerrit

--
Gaudi systems architecting:
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/
Reply to
Gerrit Muller
[...]

Must be the place where Bob the dinosaur works...

Regards,

-=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.