MCUs with USB device in PDIP and a open source toolchain ?

but not USB. DIPs are pretty thin on the ground in this segment, and even less with USB.

I've noticed that as well from Google posters. I don't know about your newsreader, but using Forte Agent if I press the "O" key it will line wrap the display so it fits in the window.

Reply to
JW

her

ing

cts/vusb/index.html

I didn't know that any USB stacks were done in hardware. I've never heard of that. Even the separate USB interface chips use a software stack and have an embedded CPU. The FTDI CPU is quite fast.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

ATMega:

Loose wording on my part.

The library in question implements all parts of a USB device, including the on the wire signalling, in software by manipulating GPIO lines. This means you can use it on a AVR which does not have any USB hardware support at all.

I was looking for a device which has a hardware USB module built in and only requires the traditional USB device software infrastructure to support it.

Simon.

Simon Clubley

Then there are hybrid solutions, somewhere in the middle. IIRC Ubicom had a shifter/bit-stuff block, and the next layer was all software. XMOS also have a similar 'minimal hardware' approach. You can start with XMOS, from $49

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville