Linking H8s/2144 assembly code using HEW

I need to call a C++ function from assembly code using the Renesas HEW development system.

The C++ function is "void flash_start(void)". In assembly I define it as .GLOBAL _flash_start

The linker error message is - Undefined external symbol "_flash_start".......

I also tried it without the leading underscore. Name mangling problem maybe??

TIA Arthur

Reply to
Arthur Richards

Yes. Just declare it as: