IIC on H8S/2633?

Greetings all:

I'm having difficulty getting the I2C module on the Renesas/Hitachi HD64F2633RTE28 to work properly for reads. (Bus Master only, single byte reads)

Writes work great.

Reads work mostly, but half the time I get an extra

9 clocks for a single byte read. It only works if I insert a delay after the clearing IRIC after the first reading of ICDR. Sometimes the controller freezes with SCL held low. The target (slave) is an FM24C256.

What I need to see is some correct non-interrupt C code (single byte write) that works. The application notes from Renesas are no help at all, with errors and poor descriptions.

(Note: to reply, delete the last character before .com)

regards, DArcy Roberts H T Watt and Associates Ltd.

Reply to
Darcy Roberts

Which suggests you have not got the acknowledge bit setting correct and/or a timing error on setting registers.

The newest application note that covers that module is

Using The Tiny IýC Interface In Master Mode H8/3664N

Which includes commented C listings available from the European Renesas site. The same IIC module is used in the H8/Tiny series as the H8S/2633, Some functions may be disabled, but there is enough there to get you going.

Try the following app notes

Or the general IIC page

My experiences with IIC and H8/H8S is mainly with adding the Philips PCF8584 controller to a processor that did not have the IIC controller due to the fact of design change after hardware and code for first stage was almost complete.

--
Paul Carpenter		| paul@pcserv.demon.co.uk
        Main Site