how is the thread/process awakened after it slept?

That's what I meant by a ticket. I was assuming you were referring to the count of a counting semaphore. In this case, you need both. And you still need to search...

And no, 1000 threads isn't too many. Many server architectures support that many, and some have ten times more. It's a bit out of the embedded league though.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Why do you think timer need to rerun once it has done a timeout by expiring?I dont believe its really needed to rerun timer when you are pending with a delay.If this is true theres no need for have a pending with a time delay.Try using semshow command in vxworks,it will display the tasks waiting for this semaphore.How else this would be possible if semaphore does not maintain the task list?How ever I am not aware about the way of implementation in other RTOS.This is my understanding. Regards, s.subbarayan

Reply to
ssubbarayan