GPRS Modems & Sim cards error detection

I looking for any insight anyone might have in detecting the following
problems with sim card configuration (using a modem), So I can report errors

Is there any way to tell a sim card is actually allowed on the network? (AN
AT command?)

Invalid context configuration, this appears to Just reject all options
during the IPCP stage of the link negotiation.

Not configured to allow GPRS service, I have some sims that seems to just
reject all the IPCP options.

Thanks for any help.

Ralph

Re: GPRS Modems & Sim cards error detection

  i think you have to use the AT+CMEE command.
  Enable the AT+CMEE error codes verbosity and
  all GPRS errors sent to the DTE will have
  an extended explaination.

 bye
 enrico

* Enrico Migliore - Co-founder and Senior Software Engineer