Enclosures, paint and heat dissipation.

It would however be 80 sq inch per page, given this is Braille form. So perhaps 12k byte per page. Points remain.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

ou

Thanks, John.

Nice video Bill.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That is why i recently bought a good scope when the opportunity came up. Now i want another that is portable. I really need to get to work on my "fancy thing" (just a hobby project really, but [to be] implemented with = a PIC). I'll post when i get it running, may be a while though.

?-))

Reply to
josephkk

Hmm. And yet (perhaps though conversion from energy absorbed at higher wavelengths downward) spreading ashes on snow to lower its albedo makes a huge difference in snowmelt rate (personal observation, repeated over

40-odd years with wood ashes, mostly, and things that are not worth shoveling, but would be nice to get the snow off of a bit ahead of the default rate.)
Ecnerwal

Snow obviously reflects visible light, which is where most of the sun's energy is, and crud will downconvert that to heat before it get reflected.

The great majority of CO2 alarmists are determined to ignore what is probably an equal or greater contributor to polar ice/glacier melting, which is man-made particulates. But particulates could be controlled without destroying civilization, so the crazies aren't as interested in them.

My wife *enjoys* shoveling snow! Am I lucky or wot?

John