Embedded Linux: share data among different processes

Lighttpd should be fine.

I meant have the local display run its own browser, viewing stuff served by the embedded Linux. I.e. the local display would be a small tablet. Running a browser on the embedded Linux is another idea, hmm, might be ok if the linux distro supports it. Do you have an SD card slot on the board? A browser is pretty heavyweight.

Yes :).

No. You'll have to run something like X on the local display if you want to program it with Qt though. Is this a consumer product where you need a really slick interface, or is it something industrial where it's more about functionality?

Yes, that is called "kiosk mode" and there are usually ways to do it.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

Hmmm... the cost will increase too much.

No SD card, at the moment.

Are you sure? QT runs directly on the framebuffer too... I think.

Industrial.

I see, thank you.

Reply to
pozz

If you've priced it out then ok. Quantity must be pretty high for that. For the thing I worked on, we did our own display unit but I'm sure it would have been cheaper to use a tablet.

Hmm, ok.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

We just use Android Browser (Firefox based) with slide-in controls. It get as full screen as possible. BTW, not as well to do it with Chrome.

Customer said: did not have to do lots of work for the app? I said: nothing for the browser, but lots of PHP backend. He did not really understand what i meant.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

What is it? There some android browsers available. Do you mean mobile version of Firefox?

Reply to
pozz

Yes, both mobile and desktop versions of Firefox have full screen mode.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee