Does anyone have advice on T-Series Noritake VFDs?

Hey all-->

I've spent the better part of 3 weeks trying to get my T-Series Noritake VFD to spit out the appropriate characters to the screen, but to no avail. I'm using SERIAL input (9600bps 8N1, using jumper pad set on backside), but it won't respond with the character, nor do control characters work. I've connected it directly to both a PIC microcontroller and my PC serial port. The self-test works. I know that with LCDs you need to send an activation character ($FE) first. Is it the same way with this unit? I've been sending it raw hex values corresponding to it's HD44780-compatible (I think)character table. Help!

Thanks!

Anders

Reply to
Anders Nelson