Cypress FX2 AUTOIN mode

Hi I am working on cypress chip CY68013A. I have configured the EP2 as Bulk endpoint. Endpt 2 FIFO -- 1024 byte Quad buffered , AUTOIN enabled , SYNCHRONOUS mode.

it is in SLAVE FIFO Mode receiving VIDEO data in EP2FIFO from a external master. I have programmed the EP2AUTOINLEN reg with value

512.

The host application requests 65536 chunks of data.This works fine and i am able to send the 65536 chunks.

But during blanking period when the external master is idle , i want to insert my own 512 byte tail data packet and send it as a short packet in response to a HOST IN request packet...i.e. i want to force a short packet in AUTOIN mode.but iam not able to do it.

Is there a way to do it?.

Thanks Raja

Reply to
raja.derkaiser

Hi,

I have tried to do something like you are describing, but I had no luck. What I was able to do, was to get my external master to also send the idl data.

Another possibility is send the idle information through endpoint 1. Doing this would require some method of synchronization between th external master and the CY7C68013A. I had some success with using a interrupt line to signal the 8051 to build and send a packet at th request of the external master.

Good Luck Gene

Reply to
genebren