Code Warrior newbie questions

I'm new to Code Warrior. Using it for the first time to program an embedded app (Freescale MC9S08DZ60 microcontroller).

Although it is working well and I am making good progress, I have a few questions:

1) In the data window in the debugger, occasionally a weird symbol will appear immediately to the left of a data value. What is the meaning of these symbols?

2) In the data window in the debugger, is there any way to export data from the window into an external app like, say, Excel, for analysis? Cut and paste appears to be disabled in this window, and I could find no "export" feature.

3) The target is controlling a brushless motor which must not be left powered when the debugger halts the app. What (is) are the best way (ways) to do this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ether Jones