Architecture Overview

Can anyone point me in the right direction for an high level architecture overview of how a typical smart card system would look/ work.

I'm thinking in terms of a single outlet having a terminal and this talking to a server located at another physical site.

Many thanks for any suggestions

Reply to
kieran.southern

A quick Google gave me this link which you might find quite educational. Keele University run courses on this stuff too (if you happen to be in the UK).

Paul E. Bennett...............
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095