Alesis Corp 9-40-1381-C LCD

I have a few of the Alesis Corp. G8 2x16 LCD's and after doing some research, I found there was no documentation available, only groups with questions the same as mine. I traced the pins back to the KS0066U processor and this is what I came up with. Since others were wanting to know as well, I thought I'd post the pinout and maybe save someone a little time.

  1. +5 (Backlight)
  2. Gnd (Backlight)
  3. DB6
  4. DB7
  5. DB4
  6. DB5
  7. DB2
  8. DB3
  9. DB0
  10. DB1
  11. R/W (Read/Write)
  12. E (Enable)
  13. Vo (Contrast)
  14. RS (Register Select)
  15. Vss (+5)
  16. Vdd (Gnd)
Reply to
boweeble

contact Microtips in Taiwan

Reply to
Elan Magavi

Are you sure about those last two? :)

Reply to
larwe

Yes. I followed the traces and wired mine that way and it works fine.

Reply to
boweeble

However, I did make a mistake on pins 1 & 2, they should be reversed.

  1. Backlight (Gnd)
  2. Backlight (+5)
Reply to
boweeble

Are you SURE about those last two as I requoted them above? You don't want to exchange four characters?

Reply to
larwe