433MHz remotes with >500ft range

Hi guys,

Somehow most companies offer all sorts of modules but no "ready-to-sell" remotes that are a tad above the performance of keyfobs. What I am looking for:

3 buttons, custom overlay. International approvals (meaning 433MHz or 2.45GHz).
Reply to
Joerg

Has to be 433 for 500ft I would have thought......I use Nordic nrf905....

Reply to
TTman

You should also check how the link performs with nearby 5-50 W transmitters on the same or nearby (hundreds of kHz) frequency as your

433 MHz link.

In Europe, the 433 ISM band is in the actively used part of the 70 cm amateur radio band, so quite strong signals may also be present at that band.

At least the old keyfob system receivers had very bad selectivity, getting blocked by transmitters hundreds of kHz away. A person is approaching his/her car, a nearby handheld amateur radio transceiver is activated and the operator describes what the car owner is doing, when the doors do not open, people seem to do all kind of funny thing, when trying to get the car open with the remote control :-).

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Speak to John Fairall at RF Solutions here in the UK. They have such a product range.

JB

Reply to
JB

$20 each for a custom controller? Ha!

More like $200 to $400 depending on options.

I AM THAT I AM

Also, very rarely do any two brands work together in this business. So they will not be providing IP for 'second sources' to profit from.

There are no standards and no consortiums for any that I know of.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

Thanks, but that's a module and we are looking for a complete packaged product, with the required papers from agency approval labs.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, Paul, I know. But what can one do? Europe doesn't allow the VHF bands we have here and the only common denominators worldwide are 433MHz and 2.45GHz. 2.45GHz often has range problems.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks, I will. They have a US distributor and their products look a bit more bulky but I'll ask if they can supply one that sort of matches:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

BTDT.

Oh no, it sure ain't :-)

Thanks, I bookmarked that. It's a module though and looks out-of-league financially, with a fancy gold plated jack and all that.

That is true, but many employ the usual Asian chips for encoding and the RF part itself is nothing more than a transmitter with a modulator. That's the kind we are after because then the code is the same, as long as both use FM or whatever modulation scheme.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

"Range" problems? Since that's close to the microwave oven freq's, there's got to be some kind of joke in there.

(In America, a "range" is an oven with a stove on top.)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Suitable for cooking venison and antelope meat?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

And seldom is heard A discourging word, Because what can an antelope say? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Only if an insane hunter was responsible for somehow finding his way to the kitchen with the meat. "Home, home on, deranged!"

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Platt

The Avalon RF stuff uses a QAM256 encapsulation.

The whole idea was to alleviate the dropouts that occur with Std FM stuff. It is like the DTV version of a stage microphone with very little latency, yet fully digitized, packetized, and encrypted, if need be.

We did a test where we replaced the reel-to-reel recorders on carriers with a belt worn "DVR" and all the deck traffic spoke through those links. All was recorded on the recorder device, and the Air Boss got clean feeds all the time without dropouts. It was pretty cool. Integrated it all into the colored deck vests and helmets they wear while up on the flight decks.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

This requires a quite high SNR.

Unless you are using some kind of FHSS/DSSS system, the latency would be quite large due to the need for using interleaving.

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

No, measuring resistances... "Ohm, ohm on the range..."

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

...Where the Volts and Amps play...

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're replying to Dimbulb.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Out here in the Wild West _this_ is a range: