1-Way Hash

Hello Group,

This is my first post to this group. Thanks to all of you for being here and for any help you may provide.

I am looking for a 1-way hash for storing passwords. The computational load for SHA1 will excessively stress the system. I'm looking for a C++ class or algorithm that is less computationally intensive than SHA1. I can trade memory for cycles, if anyone has any ideas involving a table or something along those lines.

Thanks again for any and all responses,

Chip

Reply to
ChipAuger

XTEA is the keyword.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

You might get more responses in comp.security or comp.programming

HTH Ed

Reply to
Ed Prochak

Vladimir,

Thanks. I took a look at that, and it may be what I need.

Chip

Reply to
ChipAuger

Good idea, Ed. I had not thought of posting this there.

Thank you, Chip

Reply to
ChipAuger