Is there a good Wiki editor? (not an online one)

Ok, guys, I had asked this maybe a year ago and hopefully there is some new stuff by now. I read in EE Times today about Zoho Wiki which allows online collaboration. While that is nice, a consultant can't do that for projects. It has to stay local and confidential. So far most programs can either create local web pages or read them. But not both. Beats me why not. Only MS-Word can do both on my PC but when doing so it crashes too much.

Is there a nice, small Wiki software? It should do as a minimum:

  • Create and edit HTML.
  • Read HTML.
  • be able to insert links.
  • Be able to also jump to those links.
  • Be able to copy bitmaps and stuff into docs.
  • Do all this within the same window.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com