wireless receiver

Hi,

I received this TWS-434A/RWS-434 8-Bit RF Combo Package and been playing with it. I am sending and receiving using pics. My sending signal somewhat differs with my receiving signal. I hook up both signals on the oscilloscope and I get this clear but different signal, Here is a picture I posted of the signal:

It seems that the receiving signal cannot stay on more then 125ms, anyone can tell me why and how to fix it ? the baud rate on the pic chip is at 2400 and the frequency if the signal is at 433mhz as mentionned above

thank you

ken

Reply to
lerameur

HI,

I just started to play with wireless transmision. I used this kit that I ordered:

I do get a signal at the receiver but I do not know how to interpret it or how to fix it. The signal is clear but not the same as the one I sent. I posted a picture of both signal

can somebody tell me why the receiving signal is not identical? it seems the receiving signal cannot stay on more then 125ms

I am using a pic chip transfering at 2400bps, signal propagation at

433Mhz

thanks

Ken

Reply to
lerameur

It looks like its synchronising on the leading edge and the data is the next pulse/s in the time frame before the next sync.

--
Baron:
Reply to

Baron a =E9crit :

well I am just using a simple command at the receiver using picbasic pro: B0 var byte start: serin2 PORTB.3,n2400,[B0]

same speed the transmitter.

Ken

Reply to
lerameur

Looks to me as if the data have been encoded in some way. Check your docs for encoding implementations.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

There is no encoding, just a simple serialout at the transmitter and serialin at the receiving end.

lerameur

Be that as it may, the scope trace shows the data output following certain transitions on the input, but not following the data. What is interesting, however, is the transitions are not delayed particularly, so there's a decent link apparently.

This is a case of read the manuals for everything that's connected.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Have you got the baud rate wrong? 125ms is a long time. A start bit plus 8 data bits only lasts 9/2400=3.75ms at 2400 baud.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Just passing an observation based on the picture you posted. Does it look the same if you pass several cycles of data ?

--
Baron:
Reply to

Baron a =E9crit :

HI I change to 4800 B to 9600, putting several data in the cycle, I still get the same result

lerameur

Sorry Ken! Nothing useful to offer!

--
Baron:
Reply to

Thats ok , I found an already make circuit and software on the net, I will test it ans see whT it gives, then move on from that

ken

Reply to
lerameur

OK ! Good Luck!

--
Baron:
Reply to

actually I changed the cystal from a 4 to a 20Mhz, changed everything, I get weird result, but I will work on it and try many things. Also if you have a link on a tutorial that explains the different possibilities of sending signlas , that would be appreciated, here is what I have to deal with and I am not sure 100% on why I should choose on over another.

lerameur