why does a car battery spark

I was wondering what the smell was.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

news:4m1ab5t8i1bbpk7r43qa9tjq9hg7qepubg@4ax.com
Reply to
John Fields

I do not care anymore. Stop making entropy.

Bill

-- Private Profit; Public Poop! Avoid collateral windfall!

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Your new nym is StinkyMatter.

John

How many dynodes? How did you make the dynode voltages?

John

It was like a 12 sectored semi-radial array of 1/8th Watt metal film resistors. We later reduced the leakage further by using SMD parts and a "bump soldered" installation method that keeps the part off of the FR4 PCB substrate. 100% unmasked layout, and fully vacuum potted after assembly, just prior to pressing on a specialized low leakage 'tube socket'.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

I get those too, though not in vivid color and with the edges rotating like a saw blade. Both eyes simultaneously and light/dark doesn't matter. When it happens I can't read, but other than that no big deal. I too rarely get headaches, though last night and today I've one of the rare ones.

Nope. None here.

Is that how DimBulb lost his. He lost it when he took it out to play.

Reply to
krw

How's this:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Aura.JPG

only flashing and running around like a deranged circular saw.

There turns out to be a lot of "aura art" around, and the versions are very diverse. An arc or circular sawtooth pattern is pretty common.

I see brief still images of objects and faces and sometimes just textures. They are perfectly 3D and brilliantly clear, which, given my crappy eyesight, is a real treat.

I can't imagine him ever playing.

His new nym is StinkyMatter.

John

Kinda, only gray/dim middle. Once in a while it's just an arc. In either case the vision is altered in the area but it doesn't seem to be the eye because both are affected at the same time.

Mine are in a fixed position, though different from episode to episode.

Go, ain't I lucky. I get both.

Freaky?

I kinda liked "Nymbecile".

Reply to
krw

I remember reading a report on exposure to EM fields that stated that, LF fields may cause phosphenes. ISTR that the H field was thought responsible.

Any of your friends in the MRI business know anything about this?

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

I did have a head MRI and I didn't notice anything except the noise from the gradient coils.

It was boring.

John

Based upon my sad experience, make sure that the phosphenes are benign and not a sign of a serious eye condition.

I stopped responding to this thread when individual postings became hundreds of lines long,Brevity atteracted my attention.

Bill

Salmon Egg

I had a MRI to see what caused the Bells Palsy last year. Loud buzzing at different frequencies, followed by a migraine that lasted for the better part of a week. No images or light, though.

Michael A. Terrell

deserve

have

pathetic,

What a presumptuous prunt. You presume to lecture your betters on courtesy and manners when you cannot "keep a civil lounge in your mouth / unsoiled fingers off your keyboard".

By. Have a nice death, real soon now.

Reply to
JosephKK

LSD flashbacks are a myth. I've done my fair share of LSD, back when you could get the real stuff.

I've been waiting for about 35 years for one of those alleged "flashbacks"

- imagine! A free trip! %-}

But alas, there's no such thing.

And don't jump all over me saying that the LSD has warped my brain - I've done all of my own brain-warping and I don't need any steenkeeng artificial (or even natural) externally-applied substances to do it for me, thank you very much.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Big pharma will fight tooth and nail on this one; they want the money for the exotic poisons theh're selling now. And the drug warriors will fight worse than that - they hate to death anything that makes you feel good (or even better) with no built-in punishment, a la alcohol hangover. There's probably a correlation with them and the anti-choicers - going through a pregnancy and childbirth is "consequences" for the sin of making whoopee.

Cannabis is almost a miracle drug, if you're on chemo or have "AIDS" - it's an excellent appetite enhancer as well as a euphoriant.

As a matter of fact, it can relieve the worst of the crappy feeling that comes with a hangover. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

If they simply pull it from Schedule 1, then ALL of the state and federal laws and regulations become null and void as it is no longer a "controlled substance".

Put me in office.

Reply to
Bungalow Bill

No, me! I'll not only legalize pot, but I'll fire the IRS! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Do you really think that the world would have advanced as far as it has if there had never been a tax in the US?

Reply to
UltimatePatriot