what is need for using memory

I am working on a project dealing with home security.

What I'd like to change is my dtmf storage area. what I am using right now is a recording chip ISD1420 would like to use some form of ram. I am not using microprosseror but I am confused on what is needed. Do I have to use addressable latches, multiplexers,channel data-selector, shift and store bus register. any help would be great. Having hard time finding good information on how it all works.

Reply to
MichaelT

The device is not designed to be used with external memory, although you may cascade the devices for more messages.

Datasheet here:

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS