Waveguide theory and wells

Well, after asking questions about waveguides I found a primer on waveguide theory at the Fast Neutron Research Facility web site. They work a lot like wires conducting electricity at low frequencies. I had always assumed that the radiowaves bounced like light would down the waveguide. Now I have a better understanding of what is really going on. It seems strange that conducting metal can be used as an insulator. But that's exactly what happens. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

how about a link?

--
local optimization seldom leads to global optimization

my e-mail address is:   AT mmm DOT com
Reply to
Roy McCammon