Voltage doubling?

0-5V>------|+\ | >---+--->0-10V +--|-/ | | | +---[R]---+ | [R] | GND

R can be anything as long as they're both the same and the opamp can supply the drive current. 100k would probably be fine, but I'd go with 10k if I could. If you get an opamp with rail-to-rail inputs and outputs you'll be able to use a single 12V supply, otherwise you'll need a positive supply high enough to give the opamp the headroom it needs to get the output to +10V and a negative supply low enough to keep the output from bottoming out before the input gets to zero volts.

--
John Fields
Reply to

I have a 1000 PSI pressure transducer that outputs a 0 - 5VDC signal. I want to double the voltage to display the pressure on a cheapo LCD panel meter that reads 0 - 20V. How can I change the signal so that it reads correctly on the meter? i.e. 800PSI = 4V in = 8V out.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at:  http://www.rutuonline.com
Glenn Ashmore

signal. I

LCD panel

it reads

Simple Operational Amplifier? Works for me!

Reply to
Clarence_A