Solderless breadboard lead length

I'm just getting started. I've used my solderless breadboard a few times now, but for some reason last night I was having problems. For some reason, I was getting no current. After debugging the circuit for a while, I realized that the problem seemed to be the leads on my wires weren't quite long enough to reach all the way down into the socket. I stripped these wires myself (not that tedious when you are watching TV or something) and I thought I made them long enough to reach down in but not expose any metal above the socket. Apparently not, even though I felt the friction fit. How long should they be? Is there a standard length?

Reply to
Anonymous AtWork

10mm should do it. (Standard ?? thats mine)

-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull