SMT equivalent or better to the 2n3904?

Can anyone recommend a SMT equivalent or better to the 2n3904? Either they don't make 2n3904 in SMT or Digikey doesn't stock it. I've been looking through Digikeys SMT BJT's and it seems that the 2n3904 has superior switching characteristics (storage, rise and fall) then the SMT BJT's I've looked at. I can't believe that the old 2n3904 is state of the art for switching.

Any recommendations welcome.

Reply to
Hammy

MMBT3904

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thank you!

Reply to
Hammy

MMBT3904

P.S. You may want to test it in a stand alone simple DC test circuit.

We recently had an issue with a MMBT2222 from fairchild which was very strange. A new batch was sent to us that solved the problem.

I remember a few years ago having issues with the KA723 voltage regulators. A near by but not hit lightning strike with equipment disconnected 50% probability cause the KA723 to be fail due to strong static field build up from the strike. The net results would be. The regulator would not regulate any more but drive full rail voltage to the power transistors. This wasn't a desirable effect with the connected equipment. Most of the supplies that use those had a cheap crowbar circuit in it to force blow the fuse which was a plus.

I always kept stock of LM723's to replace them with.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie