small fluorescent light--usable?

I have one of those small energy-saving fluorescent lights that replaces houshold screw-in incandescent bulbs. My careless handling has broken the glass. However the electronics have remained intact and I assume that they are still functional. I'm not sure but I think that the output is about 300 vac and the manufacturer claims the light draws 14 watts giving the same amount of light produced by a 60 watt incandescent bulb. Is there any device that can be powered by the circuitry now that the glass is gone?

C.Nick Kruzer

houshold screw-in incandescent bulbs. My careless handling has broken the glass. However the electronics have remained intact and I assume that they are still functional. I'm not sure but I think that the output is about 300 vac and the manufacturer claims the light draws 14 watts giving the same amount of light produced by a 60 watt incandescent bulb. Is there any device that can be powered by the circuitry now that the glass is gone?

News==----

Newsgroups

I have had more board failures (3), than Lamp failures(2), Lamp failures due to 1/2GT^2 problems. I want to replace some short F4 lamps with the LONG style ESFL but I may have to buy some new ones soon, to get what I need before they are no longer available !! You need to take a hacksaw to the plastic base to separate the bulb from the elctronics package and mount the bulb in a lump of silicone sealant and replace the original Ballast with the Electronic Ballast.

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

houshold screw-in incandescent bulbs. My careless handling has broken the glass. However the electronics have remained intact and I assume that they are still functional. I'm not sure but I think that the output is about 300 vac and the manufacturer claims the light draws 14 watts giving the same amount of light produced by a 60 watt incandescent bulb. Is there any device that can be powered by the circuitry now that the glass is gone?

Chuck it away and buy a replacement cfl.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

A taser - just put it in a hand-held lamp, lure your assailant into your den, and zap him with it! The glass shards should help get the point across, too! ;-P

Good Luck! Rich

--
Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk