Sending a trigger pulse by RF

[about a remote RF timing signal]

If the remote is to be battery powered, it will go through a few phases; first, the carrier is established (during this phase, the receiver will have AGC fluctuations), then a signal is sent (something like a tone burst) and received (by a filter and trigger that rejects noise but not the signal). The AGC needs settling time, and the tone decoder will want a dozen or more cycles to detect (but can probably drop its output quickly when the signal is interrupted), so you'll actually get a 'receiver-end' time signal a bit AFTER hitting the button on the remote. Be prepared for this (and control that latency at all phases of the design).

Reply to
whit3rd

The remote trigger source, along with other things, will probably be battery-powered (I haven't decided yet). But the battery will be a car battery, so there's no need to worry too much about conserving the charge.

I considered the AGC settling time and was thinking of making a continuous carrier transmission, with the trigger signal inserted at the proper time. Anyway, the tone burst method is just an idea. I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps a pulse train with the receiver accepting only a specified number of pulses within a given period??

Reply to
Pimpom