Resistance between spherical conductors

Hi! I have a problem and I have no clue how to do it...

The space between two concentric spherical-shell conductors is filled with a material that has a resistivity of 10^9 ohm meter. If the inner shell has a radius of 1.5 cm and the outer shell has a radius of

5 cm, what is the resistance between the conductors?

I found a hint that says to find the resistance of a spherical shell element of the material of area 4(pi)r^2 and length dr, and integrate to find the total resistance of the set of shells in series.

Any help would be great! thanks

Reply to
danielle_m_bradley

You really shouldn't be asking homework questions on Usenet. Have you tried asking your official instructor?

--
   W  "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."
 . | ,. w ,

Yours is a math problem, not basic electronics.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You don't know how to integrate such a function?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Please let him do his own homework. Otherwise he will not learn.

Reply to
Dan Coby

That's correct. Treat each shell as a flat sheet of area equal to the surface of the shell. That's a good approximation for a thin shell.

John

I didn't do the integration for him. A little visualization sometimes helps, and I pretty much rephrased what he already knew.

John