Relay Alternative

Hi.

I'm building an project to control house devices through PC using Interface Card from Vellman K8000

I will order SW, which give +5V to Digital output channel this charge will drive the relay to close, i need another reliable technique instead of relays somthing that can power high volatge devices such Air-Condition and it can be signaled through +5V.

Is QBAR good? can it pass 220 volt, or Relays is the only one? Is relay reliable?

Thanks.

Reply to
Dominator.Legend

Hello, I believe a relay or a triac may be used for this.

Ian Coolidge Undergraduate Student

Reply to
iancoolidge

Why not using TRIAC or Solid State Relays (instead of ElectroMechanical)?

Regards GM

Reply to
Hlrsr

Yes, relays are reliable, they are used for mains swiching all the time. You do need a proper relay with suitably mains rated contacts though.

But if you didn't know this already then maybe you shouldn't be touching mains rated stuff just yet...

If your air-con has an IR remote control then you can control it with the PC via an IR module - no mains wiring required.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones