Questions about transformer:

load is

formula

The secondary current is I2 = V2/R (V2 is not squared). Also, I1/I2 = n2/n1 (not n2/n2 -- typo error?)

Mark

Reply to
redbelly98
  1. Is primary current means that the current pass through the primary coil or the current flow in the whole primary part ?

  1. how to define the secondary current? Because of we have a formula

I1/I2=n2/n2

Then we can obtain I2(current of secondary part) current

Another formula is V1/V2=n1/n2

We also obtain V2 (voltage of secondary part)

The question is when I connect a load to the secondary part , the load is R=1K ohm , should I use (V2)^2/R to define the current ,or use the formula I1/I2=n2/n2

to define the current? because the two answer is different

thanks!

Reply to
nick