Question about reversed-polarity in an AC outlet

Appreciate you mentioning that point; and although I have always been aware of NOT having the neutral and ground in a 'sub panel' connected together, it reminds me to carefully check one my sub panels to make sure! It is not likely because the two sub panels, in this house are not the type that would have been used as a main circuit breaker service panel, with a separate main breaker. But one never knows; there might just be a green coloured screw in there inadvertently connecting the neutral bar to the metal panel box! BTW ground conductors are often a lesser gauge than the live an neutral current carrying conductors. I understand that they are sized to more briefly carry a fault current which then de-energizes the circuit? Ground wires therefore not amp-gauged for continuous load carrying? Thanks for the reminder to me. Terry.

Reply to
Terry

aware

it

would

main

Yes. There are rules for neutral and ground sizes. I'm prepared to accept that smart people have worked these out. If I disagree in a special case I can always run a heavier cable.

NSM