parts resistors transistors

I cant seem to find these transistors and resistors

4.7K Ohm 1/4-Watt Carbon Film Resistor 5% tolerance

NPN 2N222 rated 600mW - Case Type TO-92

i have looked maplin, rs and ebay anyone know a uk website i can get these from thanks

Reply to
AMX

Radio Shack #271-1330

I think you are looking for 2N2222. that is Radio Shack # 276-1617

Reply to
John Popelish

The resistor is a pack of 10 x 0.6W 1% which will substitue for the one you specify without a problem.

Reply to
PeteG

You obviously didn't look that hard. Try searching "4k7" on the site.

I'd suggest you find a substitute for the 2N2222. It's in a hermetic metal can package and is quite expensive. Try BC548 for example.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

No Radio Shack in the UK.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

91 p each !!!!

Use this....

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

How about Maplin's or Radio Spares?

And, just for the record, Radio shack doesn't have 2N2222's - it has PN2222's, which are the plastic version. ;-) (Do I get any points for one-upping John P? ;-D )

And, depending on the circuit, it _could_ be replaced by almost any NPN small signal transistor, depending on which are the "important" specs in the app.

And if you haven't found a 4.7K 1/4W 5% resistor, you haven't been looking very hard.

This can be substituted by any 4.7K resistor (well, maybe not wirewound - again, depends on the app) with a power rating of

1/4 W or more, and a tolerance of 5% or better (i.e, a smaller percentage value is a better tolerance, like 2%, 1%, etc.)

Try googling on "electronics suppliers UK" or something.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Absolutely. But Radio Shack sells "2N2222"'s in a TO-92 package. Search

for part # 276-1617

A common substitute might be 2N4401.

Reply to
John Popelish

If it's not TO-18 it's not a 2N2222 ! You mean a PN2222.

That's a switching transistor. I think its beta isn't that great. I've suggested 2N3904 or BC548 as a decent 'better' sub.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Fairchildsemi calls it a "General Purpose Amplifier".

The BC548 can't hold a candle to a PN2222 or a 2N4401 for Ic, and won't meet the op's spec for 600 mW. The 2N3904 might be ok, but it still trails the PN2222 and 2N4401 by a huge margin (200 mA vs 500 mA) in Ic. Beta for the PN2222 or

2N4401 is far better at 100 mA (Ic) and above than the 2N3904, and 100 mA is the maximum for the BC548.

If we knew that the op's circuit ran say 50 mA Ic, then, all other conditions being equal, the BC548 or 2N3904 would be good choices to replace the 2N or PN 2222. But not knowing, the 2N4401 is a much better choice.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

. . .

Try Farnell:

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Ah. Now I see where that other fellow got "2N222". ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Careful, Pooh. I got in trouble only a few days ago, saying, "If it's not plastic, it's not a 1N400X!" ;-) (well, I didn't say, "ex", but whichever one it was - either 4004 or 4007, which other ones do they bother to put on the market?)

And John, being cleverer than both of us put together, did enclose the alleged part number in quotes. ;-)

I'm too lazy to look up 2N3904 - isn't that one just a little less robust than the venerable 2222?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk