OT: Command prompt locks up machine running XP Pro SP2

I can't get the command prompt to work on this XP Pro SP2 machine. It opens up and does the usual DOS commands CD DIR etc. but won't run Turbo Basic without locking up when I try to exit. Screen goes blank and I have to do a hard reset. I looked at the properties of the command prompt icon and ran the compatibility wizard and checked all the options and entered the exe file I wanted to run, which it did, but again locked up when I tried to escape.I have another machine running WinXP home where the command prompt works fine. Any ideas? .

Bill Bowden

This is a known Turbo issue, as you say, CMD works with the ususal DOS commands.

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

He said he has an other XP where the command prompt works. I guess he tried out Turbobasic on the other machines command prompt...

--
Daniel Mandic
Reply to

It memory serves, you need to define a PIF file I Think they called it? That tells windows to support extended memory manager and a few other things like video support. etc.. You create one by right clicking on the EXE of the turbo basic file and there are options to create one.. At least that is how is used to be..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.