Oh CRAP!

Now they're pulling the plug on all newsgroups, not just binaries:

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be offering access to the Usenet netnews service. If you wish to continue reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.

Posted only internally to AT&T Usenet Servers.

Which third party newsgroups do you use and what are its limitations?

Thanks

Reply to
Lord Garth

$3/month for 5GB/month

About the cheapest I found. 5GB of text groups will keep you reading

24/7.

John

Reply to
news

Or $10 for 25GB (non-expiring):

If you only use text groups, it should take you a few years to get through

25GB.
Reply to
Nobody

I have used Astraweb since november 2007, very reliable so far. According to Astraweb I have downloaded 0.33GB of my 25GB

Reply to
IanM