Is this 'Ghetto Electronics'?

I like messing with electrical components - scavenging and making stuff out of junk. I have never studied electronics properly though. I have tried some beginners courses on the net and find them too boring and want something a little more related to what I like doing already. Here is an example...

Its a Nokia 3310 vibrator made with 3310 parts and a switch (pot?) from a guitar pedal. It might make you electronics pros stomachs turn though. Thing is though, I havent been able to find this style of electronics on the web. The closest I came was 'Ghetto Electronics'. If you know of anywhere I would enjoy hanging and learning, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, Leke.

Reply to
r3bol

Hi, Leke,

What you're doing is probably best described as hacking. Think, 'Cutting down a big tree with a small ax' or 'Self Education through Determined Experimentation'. (It ain't pretty, but it works.) Back in the 80's, when a few 'hackers' did bad things with computers, the media labeled all 'hackers' as evil.

Hacking is hardware specific, if you Google up whatever hardware you have, somebody is hacking it. The first computer I started with, back in 1978 the 'Netronics Elf II' (RCA 1802), is still being hacked. (Yahoo group)

I'm retired and building microcontroller circuits for fun and consider myself an 'Old School Hacker'.

Have fun.

Jay

Reply to
Happy Hobit

Try

. Mostly electronics hacking, very good resource. makezine.com may also be of interest, lots of material, sometimes loses the spirit a bit but worth the read.

vic

Reply to
vic

Thanks, I really like MAKEZINE. Hacking eh? I can do a bit more Googleing now.

Reply to
r3bol