I need an Arnold Schwarzenegger plug

I'm installing an antenna system for my tv. Using a coax splitter, it says in the instructions that if there are any unused connectors on the splitter, I need to install a Terminator.

I guess that means I need to get a plug from Arnold Schwarzenegger. Does he sell them on rbay, or do I need to meet him in person to get one?

Reply to
fantastic

Go to Radio Shack, you'll get slightly less B.S. than you would from Arnold.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Probably cheaper at Lowe's. ...Jim Thompson

So Arnie, Sly, and Mel are sitting around one day talking about a
movie they want to make about the baudy parts of the lives of three
classical music composers and who's going to play their parts, but
they can't decide on who's going to play who.

Finally, in desperation, they choose Arnie to make the decision and he
says: "Mel, you'll be Mozart, Sly, you'll be Chopin, and I'll be Bach.
Reply to
John Fields

OK, that was uncalled for. There I was, innocently sipping my coffee, when out through my nose...

--
To the landlord belongs the doorknobs.
Reply to

You'll have to wear a female disguise, and meet him in the back room of an adult book store. Be sure you don't turn your back on him! ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Yes, I keep forgetting they carry that stuff.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Most folks never bother with terminations. I've done it both ways- with and without terminating the unused ports and it doesn't make much difference. For the purists, it is supposed to keep the characteristic impedance of the line balanced so there are no signal reflections at impedance discontinuities (i.e. signal doesn't say "I'll be back...").

Try to get a splitter that has the minimum number of ports that you need. The signal strength is divided among the number of ports - used or unused. If you have multiple tiers of splitters, you divide your signal at each splitter again. Try to keep things like cable modems with as high a signal as possible. Amplified splitters are another can of worms since most cable systems are bidirectional these days. If you're just using a rooftop antenna, depending on your signal strength, a simple inline amplifier or a amplified splitter is worth the money.

Reply to
Oppie

Yep, and nice crimper tools as well. I did my whole house using Pass & Seymour/Legrand/Lutron snap-in-the-wall-plate stuff. ...Jim Thompson

I think I'll be Haydn under the table, and Dwayne Johnson says he'll be = the=20 Rachmaninoff.

Paul=20

Reply to
P E Schoen

And I'll Handel the Chopin Liszt...

--
I want EARS!  I want two ROUND BLACK EARS to make me feel warm 'n secure!!
Reply to

Be VERY careful! He's looking for another housekeeper.

Michael A. Terrell

OK, but he tried to con me into thinking he was a republican.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

He's just another RINO.