Huh? Since When--?

I've done that too :-) ...Jim Thompson

While some idiot decides the scaffolding is in their way, and gives it a shove while you're up in the grid? :(

Michael A. Terrell

We're electronics guys. We know how to hook up a 7000 volt tickler for people like that...

Reply to
fungus

at

bout

555

ne

ar

for

rator

you

.

ction

n the

oduce

hile

ple

o 1

o-

ch

that

ng that

lieve

xt -

Yeah, the screwdriver can't produce true torque-- it works mostly on a resonance effect. Or rather, it would in the real world; in the Doctor Who world it does medical scans, welds wire, cut out locks, and everything else but make a proper cuppa tea.

Mine works at 13 kHz, a compromise frequency that I can hear but most people have a problem hearing (I don't care *what* they say about the upper limit for human hearing being 20 kHz, that's BS) but when frequency modulated, they can hear the lowr secondary frequency.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

That 20 kHz number is correct, but typically only for young ears. Age in general, and especially an accumulation of exposures to loud sound, can reduce it substantially.

About 25 years ago I was working with a hearing researcher, who was trying to get his experimental setup working to deliver 12 kHz tone bursts to an anaesthetized guinea pig in a sound booth. I was standing at the equipment rack outside the booth (door open) and could easily hear the tones. He was pretty upset to discover that he couldn't hear the sound even when he held the transducer near his ear.

Like I said, years ago. Dunno if I could still hear that!

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v6.02 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, FREE Signal Generator Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

It's faster to just drop a 14" New Britan adjustable wrench on their head. :)

Michael A. Terrell

I used to have no problem hearing the 15,734.34 Hz horizontal sweep in cheap TVs and monitors. :(

Michael A. Terrell

I could hear them from the sidewalk in front of the house.

I worked with a guy (when I was in college) who said he could hear 30kHz, a few years before(tested by the Navy). Later in the day we were working in the same lab so without telling him I connected an oscillator to a speaker and started playing with it around 25kHz. He could *easily* hear 25kHz and got really pissed when he found out I was playing with him. It had been driving him nuts for an hour.

Reply to
krw