how to repair electrical devices such as minidisk players

hello

are there any websites that specifically show you how to repair electrical devices? for example how to test the circuit and how to find out what components are blown or faulty.my minidisk player doesn't power up so i guess this means that there is something wrong with the components that distributes the power around the whole of the circuit board how do i fix this problem and can you show me if there are websites out there that deal with this problem

thank you

Reply to
t6y

Well you look a bit further before posting.

If you found this newsgroup, then you should have found sci.electronics.repair which is the repair newsgroup.

And once there, you'd find plenty of references to the FAQ for the newsgroup, more like multiple books about the repair of electronic equipment. It's at

Libraries are also good places to look, they have these things called books and many a library will have books about repairing electronic equipment.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black