How do you test a capacitor?

say

but

quoted

Even

one

Son bought the darn thing with a check!

And to add insult to injury... I took a look at the box and all over it there is a warning... no returns. Once you walk out the store, it's yours. The warranty is for one year... but at an authorized factory repair shop. Which I am trying to locate, which is taking a bunch of phone calls, mails, faxes and stuff. No easy out on this one!

Still trying to reach a suit at PepBoys HQ... had a nibble from an internet tech, but apparently she's been told by somebody to lay off the sugar and keep me at bay.

Had a similar experience with a Polaroid HD TV.... could not get service from them and I leaned on the Wal-Mart manager for help. I got a new TV set even though it had been over the 30 day return policy. What a difference! Go Wal-Mart! Go!

Boo PepBoys, Boo!

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

Sounds like a good reason to avoid PepBoys to me. I don't like Wal-Mart for several reasons, but it's hard to argue with their service and return policy.

Most credit card companies are a big help, especially when buying online. But it won't preclude state law. They can still persue you just as if you had stopped payment on a check.

Reply to
Maxwell

Ask any store for the name and phone number of the district manager and of the regional manager. As you move up the chain you are more likely to get a better deal.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

and

Good idea!