Find current from voltage drop?

Probably wire loss E in volts.

L = length I = current CMA = wire cross-sectional area, circular mils K = fudge factor

2 = round trip

John

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:38:00 GMT in sci.electronics.basics, "js5895" wrote msg :

See Gareth's answer, unless you don't know either E or I, in which case you cannot find the answer from the known information.

I have a question. What are K, C, M and A? I'm assuming this is a formula for the drop across an inductor, where E = I * XL, and XL =

2*Pi*f*L, so somehow Pi*f = K/(CMA)? Thanks.
--
Al Brennan
Reply to

Hi,

The voltage drop formula:

K x I x L x 2 E = ---------------- CMA

I know all the values, except "I", so is there a formula to find "I".

Thanks.

Reply to
js5895

Are you saying that you know all the values in your equation except I, and you want to find I? If so that is simple algebra.

Multiply both sides of the equation by CMA:-

E x CMA = K x I x L x 2

Then divide both sides by K x L x 2:-

E x CMA

---------- = I K x L x 2

To reply to me directly:

Replace privacy.net with: totalise DOT co DOT uk and replace me with
gareth.harris
Reply to
Gareth

Thank You very much. If thats simple algebra, I don't know algebra, lol.

K = Approximate/Exact K of wire I = Current L = Length of wire, one way

2 = There and back E = Voltage drop CMA = Circular Mill Area of wire
Reply to
js5895